Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Family....all sides of em

Well today we went to the dr and heard the heartbeat again for our little plum. We still don't know what it is and hope to find out something Saturday. But as I go through all this pain, weight gain, and stress of becoming a new mommy, I'm also trying to deal with family. I completely understand that it's the first grandchild/great grandchild for everyone but I just wish they would take all of that into account.
We're doing this thing Saturday as a way to include everyone without me having to bring someone to the drs office with me every time I go or having to have someone's feelings hurt because they didn't get to go to the right appointment. This is just the easiest way to do things on me without having to get ugly about it.
But also at the same time, I'm getting tired of feeling like crap every time I get questioned about why I didn't do this or tell them about that. I mean, I have a life that doesn't include every single member of my family or his. I shouldn't have to inform everyone that I went to pee 15x today because of the baby. Or that I got sick because the baby doesn't like mixed berry yogurt. If I choose to announce it to the world, I will...but if I don't, please don't send me nasty txt messages and emails or fb posts asking why you weren't told anything. I'll tell you why...because I DON'T HAVE TO!!!
I just don't know how to handle all of this. It would be different if the "attention" (if thats what you want to call it) was..well different. It feels like they don't have anything better to wait for than to see what the little person inside of me is doing at all freaking times of the day. Am I being unreasonable about all of this? I mean, I know this is an exciting time for everyone, but I just want to be left alone until there's something to bring up. I feel like I shouldn't have to give an update to everyone every single day. If I go to the dr, I'll update you. If we have an U/S, I'll update you...but why do they insist on asking every chance they get how their niece/nephew is doing? Guess what? I DON'T KNOW! It's there, it's growing, what more do you want to know?
Ok, I feel awful for feeling this way, I won't lie...but I guess I'm just not used to the nosiness I'm experiencing. I haven't had to deal with it in such a long time and I haven't really had anything this major happen...I mean, they didn't even act this way when we got married....ugh...
*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment