Wednesday, April 13, 2011

music

I know that at some point, everyone has written about this. They write about the music that speaks to them, the music that explains them, songs that remind them of certain things or certain people and what I write about won't be much different.
I was driving around town on my days off a while back and came across several songs that at one point all meant something to me. Some went way back to high school and a couple went to just last year. As I sifted through them, I thought to myself how crazy it was that I let some of these songs almost control my thoughts. It's weird how you can let songs do that. There's something said in that song that makes you think, "wow, thats so me" when it just may really be you...or just what you wish was you. I listened to the words of a song while waiting at the red light and thought to myself how I was crazy! I actually took that song to mean something so different than it means to me today. How could I have let the words take me to such a different place?
I think back to a couple years ago when I had pretty much given up on everything that was important to me. I lost my morals and lost myself trying to figure out where I was and what it was that I wanted out of life. I had felt like I lost complete control and felt that I had no other options but to leave where I was behind. After I did so, I used the music to help me define things...from what I did was right, to what he did was wrong, to making excuses for things and acting like everything was fine. Little did most know it wasn't fine. I missed my life everyday I wasn't there. The other person was just there to fill the void and boy am I sorry for that. But I can't change the past and nothing will ever erase it..just like the songs I thought meant so much...the words will never change and they won't go away but I can use them, just like my past to make myself better.

No comments:

Post a Comment